miércoles, 6 de junio de 2012

The Global Leadership Week (Edaly)

Anrod School just went through the long-awaited Global Leadership Week, and what do the students think about it? Well, the majority of them are generally quite satisfied with this year's event and everybody seems to have liked all of the conferences and movies.

Now it's time for me to give my personal opinion, starting with the selection of students to be Staff. Most of the students chosen were "perfect for the job", however, they also chose several people that  didn't work properly, and really did not contribute much. I think that the Staff should be selected more thoughtfully next time, in order to have a better GLW.

About the week itself, I must say it was extremely well done. The lectures and the workshops were given by trained and experienced people and the films, at least the ones I saw, were quite well chosen. This year I decided to take the Photography workshop, which was quite great. We were taught the functions of the camera and some of the artistic part of Photography.

It's now time for me to talk about the Blog. On one hand I thought it was a good idea to do it all on the internet, that way it's more accessible for teachers to read, but I wasn't particularly satisfied with the way we had to work on it. First, the work had to be done individually, whereas last year three-person teams were assigned, which made it easier and more entertaining, and second, a year ago we had a whole week at school to work, but this year there wasn't, which, in my humble opinion, isn't really acceptable

Additionally, the work several teachers assigned had little or nothing to do about what happened on this week. I think that leaving an assignment that is entirely different from the conferences and workshops isn't very convenient

So to sum everything up, the GLW had a couple of negative points, I think there are much more pros than cons, making this a week of enjoyment, learning and culture.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario